Trash Collection

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Calling All Green Teens! Forest Park clean-up event this Saturday

Good morning Green Teens.  I hope you all have had a great weekend.

I wanted to let you all know that there is a great opportunity to get in some volunteer hours.  Parks Supervisors Gavin and McMorrow are inviting Green Teens down for a clean-up at Forest Park.  The Clean-up effort is scheduled for this Saturday, March 24th  from 10am – 12pm at the Bandshell, located inside Forest Park (the Bandshell is where they usually host concerts at the park).   The closest entrance to that area is at the corner of Woodhaven Boulevard & Forest Park Drive.  They are looking for volunteers to assist with raking and collecting leaves in and around the Bandshell and seating area.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAtJ-2e41V-gV1F6H91vgWBok9tLyLQyL0ESutvrIiNlNnqN0n-nRQZmoS

If you are interested in joining the effort this Saturday,  email me by Thursday March 22nd at Jostin.Rodriguez@parks.nyc.gov.   As I receive the replies,  I will send out the Green Teens Registration form (which Park Supervisors Gavin and McMorrow will be collecting) and the volunteer hours sheet form that you can use and have them sign to verify your volunteer hours.  I’ll be collecting responses to let them know how many volunteers are coming.

We are also currently working on laying our volunteer projects from now through May.  If you are in need of volunteer hours and are looking for a venue to get them, do not hesitate to email me at my email address above.   

I hope to hear from you soon. Take care, and enjoy the warm weather.




Jostin Rodriguez
Queens Green Teen Borough Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment